How Do I...
Renew MaterialsAll materials (EXCEPT "Hot Copy" Books & DVDs) can be renewed if they have not been requested by another person.
You can renew titles in person at the Circulation Desk or by phone. Have your library card and materials (with their barcodes) ready when you dial 708-423-7753. Materials may not be renewed by phone if they are overdue.
You can also renew items online via the SWAN Catalog
HOW TO RENEW ITEMS ONLINE
- From the SWAN catalog select My Account
- Enter your Library Card Number and PIN (Your default PIN is the last four digits of your primary phone number.)
- If not the default view click the CHECKOUTS tab to view the materials you have checked out.
- Select the materials you want to renew by checking the boxes to the left of Title/Author and then click the RENEW button. Click YES to confirm you want to renew the selected items.
- Look for the message "Checkout(s) successfully renewed" in green under title(s) selected. If an item cannot be renewed, a red message will appear under the title with the reason for the denial.